It was a chilly night on December 10th, and I was rushing toward the platform to catch the last metro. I got very late in wrapping up my office chores for the day. Thankfully, I made it onto the train, sat down, and took a deep breath of relief.

Shortly, I noticed that the metro was eerily empty. I had taken the last metro many times before, and although it was usually sparsely populated, it had never been this deserted. As I pondered over my thoughts, the next metro station arrived.

Just as the seconds ticked away, a man stepped into the carriage. Trying to appear engaged in my phone, I snuck a glance at him from the corner of my eye, he was wearing a loose T-shirt and trousers, with a weird cap on his bald head. He looked scary and his eyes were bloodshot. I was terrified by his haunting looks.

Suddenly, he started muttering something incoherent, his voice barely audible at first, but then he started to yell, his voice was a frightening mixture of anger and pain, filled with an intensity that sent shivers down my spine. Then, he started yelling ‘I killed her, I killed her, his voice echoed all over the train.

I was sweating, tears filled my eyes, and my throat all dried up, I needed to gulp some air to breathe. I couldn’t decide what to do, or how to react. I just wanted the next station to arrive, so that I could get off the train. Finally, the doors opened and I rushed towards the gate.

As I was about to leave, my heart skipped a beat when the man suddenly grabbed my hand and tightened his grip. He kept repeating the same words over and over again, “I killed her, I killed her.” I was numb, I was shivering, my mind racing with thoughts of what he might do next.

Gathering all the courage I had left, I swung my purse at his hand, breaking his grip, and ran out of the train. As the doors slammed shut behind me, I looked back to see the man’s face pressed against the window, still screaming in anger and pounding his fists against the glass.

After reaching the safety of my home. Many questions popped into my mind, and I was disturbed by what the man was saying, so I informed my family about the incident, and they encouraged me to register a complaint with the police, and we did the same. I was relieved that I informed the police, but it was not easy for me to forget the traumatic experience. It was a night that would stay with me forever, a stark reminder that life can be unpredictable and that we should always be ready to face the unknown.